We are happy to announce the first round of presentations that we have accepted for the inaugural Mahara Hui in Wellington, 19-21 March 2014. You can view the presentations and their abstracts. We have received proposals from schools, tertiaries, nursing organizations and software developers covering a wide range of topics around Mahara. Check out what you can expect at Mahara Hui (a short list is below) and don't forget to register for the event until 3 March 2014.
There is still time to submit your presentation proposal until this Friday, 7 February 2014.
If you are a student (school or tertiary) or know of a student who would like to present at Mahara Hui, please consider submitting a proposal as you / they will have a chance to win one of two $500 grants towards your / their Mahara Hui participation.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
for the Mahara Hui Organizing Team
Accepted presentations (alphabetical order of presenters)
- Alan Sorensen (New Zealand Qualifications Authority, Wellington, NZ): Online Moderation
- Allison Miller (Vanguard Visions Consulting, Adelaide, AU): What should you consider when introducing educators to Mahara?
- Christophe Declercq (Université de Nantes, Nantes, FR): "Booklet": a meta-artefact to implement resume-like artefacts
- David Bell (Trinity Methodist Theological College, Auckland, NZ): Mahara gives Theology a WOW Factor!
- Heidi Humphrey (AU): Using Mahara to enhance teaching and learning
- Helen Eddy (Principals Australia Institute, Adelaide, AU): A community of practice for Australian education leaders
- Liz Manning, Sonia Rapana, Maureen Kelly (Ngā Manukura ō Āpōpō, Auckland, NZ): ePortfolio, a tailored system for nursing professional development and regulatory recertification
- Louise Botha (Canberra, AU): Using Mahara as an electronic portfolio system for recording of continuous professional development (CPD) and competency for nurses
- Matthieu Aubry (Piwik, Wellington, NZ): Analytics for Mahara
- Melanie Taylor (Knox Grammar School, Sydney, AU): Reflection, Evaluation and Action Planning
- Misty Kirby (University of Canberra, Canberra, AU): ECARx: Early Career Academic Researchers’ Experience using ePortfolios
- Pascale Hyboud-Peron (ThinkAgency, Tauranga, NZ): Building a Personal Learning Environment with Mahara
- Yuliya Bozhko (Totara Learning Solutions, Wellington, NZ): Bringing social networking features to Mahara