Getting here and getting around
You can get to Auckland by land, water and air. Auckland Airport is the largest international airport in New Zealand and is served by many airlines.
From the airport to AUT University
You can get into the city centre of Wellington and to AUT University by a number of transportation choices:
- Skybus: The bus runs every 10 minutes during the day and every 20-30 minutes during the evening and night. Tickets start at $15 one-way (if you buy a return ticket). If you take the Dominion Road route, you can get off at the Town Hall stop and walk up the hill to Mayoral Drive, which is the next cross street. If you take the Mt Eden route, you can get off at 25 Symonds Street and walk down the hill to Mayoral Drive.
- Bus: All major Auckland bus services have stops near the conference venue at AUT. Check the Auckland transport website for details.
- Shuttle: You can hire a shared ride into the city centre. The advantage is that you are dropped off right in front of your final destination. However, you might be travelling a bit longer than with a direct taxi ride if someone needs to be dropped off before you or you might need to wait for people to make their way to the shuttle service at the airport. New Zealand taxi vouchers are accepted. There are two shuttle companies. The approximate cost for one trip is $35 with SuperShuttle.
- Taxi: You find many taxis at the airport. New Zealand taxi vouchers are accepted. Since roads are often congested in Auckland during the morning and evening hours, you might want to consider pre-booking your taxi. That guarantees you a fixed cost to your destination even if you get stuck in traffic.
From the airport to your city hotel
The above transportation possibilities are pretty much the same for anywhere in the city centre. The Airbus is a convenient, inexpensive and fast way of getting into the city esp. if your hotel is located close to the bus route.
By car to AUT University
Parking can be scarce in Auckland. Check out parking options:
To the pre-hui at Catalyst
- The pre-hui on 5 April 2017 takes place at the Catalyst Auckland office at 2 Commerce Street in the Rabobank Tower across from Britomart on the waterfront.
- If you come by bus, ferry or train, end your journey at Britomart and make your way out east along Quay Street. After a few metres, you will get to Commerce Street and the Rabobank Tower.
- Parking at Britomart.